Monday, March 21, 2011

The Lord Will Work It All Out

Later that day, I worried that Mother would never return home. But Nathaniel was a constant visitor.  The days were the same, full of food and, for the most part, full of happiness. Mother Smith came for, what Eliza thought, was a thanksgiving dinner. As Mother Smith blessed the meal, Eliza, Joseph, Nell, the Boys, Nathaniel, and I, ate our hearts out. "Any news from your Mother?" asked Joseph. "Seems to me that-" Eliza cut him off, right at that moment. Then Mother Smith said, "She'll be back. I can feel it in my bones, and they never lie." That concluded our dinner conversation, so we ate in silence for the rest of the meal. After eating, Joseph said, "Have you decided your price Matilda?"  I asked him whatever he was talking about. "The price for the coffeehouse." he responded. "You've got a good spot up here. You sell this place, you'll get enough money to set you up nice."  "Joseph!" Eliza scolded.  Then Mther Smith stated that the Lord would work it all out.
                                               Sincerely,
                                                         Mattie Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment