Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Abandoned Coffee Shop

When we arrived home, we found it abandoned and robbed of all food. I slept downstairs with the windows open, because of the heat, and Grandfather slept upstairs. That was a mistake. That night, two men crept in trough the window. I kept quiet at risk of waking Grandfather and having the strange robbers attack him as well. When Grandfather heard the extra sets of feet trudging around, he came downstairs. As the two men attacked him, I nicked the one whom hadn't fleed with Grandfathers sword. I chased him with the weapon in hand for blocks and then returned to Grandfather. When I arrived he was only moments away from death. I heald his hand as he left me.  That night I was frightened, sad, and alone. I could only wait for morning to come.
            Sincerely,
                     Matilda Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment